Saturday, October 30, 2010

Lollipop Cookies




I made these Halloween lollipop cookies with Hudson today to give to some of his friends on Halloween. I of course got the idea from Martha Stewart, you can click here for her recipe and directions. Here's how I made mine:

Ingredients and Supplies:
  • Sugar cookie dough, store bought
  • 1-2 tablespoons flour
  • Orange and black sprinkles
  • Lollipop Sticks 
  • Treat Bags
  • Orange and black ribbon
I just used a sugar cookie mix to make it even easier. Hudson liked helping me roll the balls of dough in the colored sugar and that is a great job for the little ones! I found the orange and black sprinkles at Michael's and used different orange and black ribbon that I already had at home. The lollipop sticks and the favor bags are also from Michael's.

First preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Then I mixed 1 to 2 tablespoons of flour into my store bought sugar cookie dough to keep it from stick to my hands as I rolled out the balls. Then I began to roll the dough into balls, using about 1 to 2 tablespoons of dough for each. Then roll the balls into the sugar, or let your little ones help with that part! Next place the lollipop stick slightly into the balls and lay flat on a cookie sheet, like they are shown in the picture above. Next I used one of my glasses that has a smooth flat bottom to slightly flatten each cookie. (You want to make sure you are making your cookies small enough to fit into the treat bags.) Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are lightly golden brown. Carefully move to a cooling rack and let sit until they are completely cooled. Then place each one into a treat bag and tie closed with a ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!